NHS111When We Are Closed

If you are unwell when the surgery is closed, contact the Urgent Care Services on 111.  The NHS 111 Service is staffed by a team of fully trained advisers, supported by experienced nurses. They will ask you questions to assess your symptoms, then give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you straightaway to the local service that can help you best.

That could be A&E, an out-of-hours doctor, a walk-in centre or urgent care centre, a community nurse, an emergency dentist or a late-opening chemist.  Where possible, the NHS 111 team will book you an appointment or transfer you directly to the people you need to speak to.

If you need an ambulance, one will be sent just as quickly as if you had dialed 999.

This service is for medical situations- if you or a member of your family become ill and you are concerned.  It is not for routine enquiries, such as booking an appointment with your GP, repeat prescriptions, test results etc.

If your problem is urgent you can also:

Visit the Urgent Care Centre (UCC) at Weymouth Community Hospital

You will be triaged and seen by an experienced nurse or doctor for treatment seven days a week, 8.00am until 10.15pm.  You do not need an appointment.  You may be re-directed back to your GP if you problem is not urgent.

If your injury is not serious you can get help from The UCC rather that going to Accident and Emergency (A&E) department.  This will allow A&E staff to concentrate on people with serious life threatening conditions and will save you a potentially long wait.

The UCC can treat:

  • Sprains and strains
  • Wound infections
  • Minor head injuries
  • Minor eye injuries
  • Broken bones
  • Minor burns and scalds
  • Insect and animal bites
  • Injuries to back, shoulder and chest


If your injury or illness is severe, or you have a serious accident, call 999 and ask for an ambulance, or you can visit Accident and Emergency (A&E) department at Dorset County Hospital.

Please Remember That A&E Is For People With An Accident Or Emergency Only.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website